Drug and alcohol addiction is a common and serious problem within our society. Millions of people suffer from this problem around the world and the United States is no exception. More than 14 million people abuse or overuse substances that are harmful to their health.
However, diagnosing addiction to any type of substance is a job that must be done by a detoxification treatment specialist. Because addiction-related behaviors do not form overnight. There are several patterns to know if a person is addicted to any substance or is suffering health damage from drug abuse.
The best option to do this is to attend a rehab center where you can get help and undergo a treatment regimen that can help you if you are a family member or friend of someone who is possibly addicted to a drug (legal or illegal) or if you feel you are suffering from symptoms of addiction. An addiction problem can be prevented or treated early.
What are the symptoms of drug addiction?
The diagnosis of whether someone is abusing health-aggravating substances may vary depending on the type of drug used, but at BeWell Recovery we point out some of the most common behavioral patterns and symptoms of an addict:
– Socially isolated behavior or disappearing from home or family events seemingly at random.
– Sudden mood swings, self-critical behavior or general apathy.
– Dilated or bloodshot eyes and appearing “out of it” (depersonalization).
– Disrupted sleep patterns, such as oversleeping or insomnia.
– Compulsive behavior to lie or steal.
– Continuous lending of money to family or friends. As well as constant selling of personal and household items.
– Abusive attitude or lack of respect for others or self.
– Feelings of worry or distress.
– Sudden outbursts of anger or intense pain.
– Paranoia, increased fear, panic attacks and anxiety.
– Withdrawal symptoms appear when drug use is stopped (high sensitivity to pain, tremors, restlessness, fatigue, clammy skin, sweating, vomiting, chills, aches and pains).
– Suicidal thoughts and increased behaviors that put personal integrity at risk.
– Joking about being addicted or denying any pattern of altered behavior.
– Continued loss of jobs due to substance use in the workplace.
What to do if most of these symptoms are present?
Therapy and outpatient addiction treatment has always been the best option. there is an extensive field of methods, approaches and interventions to help substance abusers with their mental and emotional needs. However, not all patients are the same and that is why we offer a diverse range of therapies to aid in the addiction recovery process:
– Cognitive behavioral
– Family therapies
– Dialectical behavior
– Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
– Yoga, artistic ability and equine therapy
During your stay at BeWell Recovery, you will be assigned a primary mental health therapist who will meet with you once or twice a week depending on the type of method you have been prescribed. You will also have a family therapist who will assist you in creating a life plan, improving your communication skills, and helping to repair the damage from your addiction.
If you are interested in learning more about these therapy methods or in trying them, please contact us through our phone line (866 – 317 8395). It is still time to change and save your life.
Tarzana CA 91356